立即注册 登录
谷姐论坛-姐是你心灵庇护港湾-来打开这扇心灵门锁! 返回首页

zjusq的个人空间 https://bbs.kaoai.cn/?18896 [收藏] [复制] [分享] [RSS]

日志

Dreaming turbine flow meter her dream

已有 312 次阅读2011-11-29 15:18 |系统分类:情感

Dreaming turbine flow meter her dream
turbine flow meter cryogenic separation Sacs apad android tablet granite polishing pads Y type strainer pigment red 48:2 acheter chaussures solar combiner Box cellophane wrapping machines roll forming machine soccer jerseys led light soft play máquina de costura y bordado Indoor playground equipment woman NFL jerseys ribbon mixer led bulbs stainless pipe
Dreaming her dreamPublished: 05 Nov 2009 07:02:01 PST

Musicaltheater performer, Shadow.

By Xing Daiqi

As a rare treat in this year's Beijing International Theater and Dance Festival, China's "musical queen" known simply as Shadow, will take to the Capital Theater's stage for the premiere of her one-woman show, I Dreamed a Dream.

Set to not only delight fans, Shadow hopes to draw new followers to the genre.

"Give me 90 minutes and you won't stop loving musicals!" she exclaimed.

"It will be a night of sheer good music and light talk in a unique musical form that has never been seen in China," added I Dreamed a Dream producer Li Suyou.

Based on Shadow's personal experiences, the musical tells the story of a young actress' dream, her pursuits, struggles, sorrows and persistence. After countless failed auditi**, Shadow's character fulfills her dream to star in a one-person musical, hence the title I Dreamed a Dream.

"The whole musical is kind of based on my experiences," Shadow explained. "First of all, I went abroad to America to study drama at UC Berkley when one Christmas Eve in New York, I saw my very first musical, Showboat," she recalled. "That night, I decided to become a musical performer. I transferred to Chicago College of Performing Arts because they have one of the top 10 musical performance theater majors in America. Then I worked on Broadway for a year."

Within Shadow's 90-minute show, the audience is treated to a feast of 18 of Broadway's most well-loved musical pieces, including Over the Rainbow, All That Jazz, Don't Cry For Me Argentina and Memory in both English and Chinese.

Chinese pop songs such as There is Only You in My Heart, traditional Yue Opera and dancing also feature in the show.

While many performers may find a solo show daunting, for Shadow it is a dream come true.

"I like it! The bigger the stage, the better, because every actor or actress wants to conquer the stage on their own. This time, I really fulfilled this dream. The chance is rare because it is even rare for an actress to perform alone in a musical either on Broadway or off Broadway or in London's Westend."

During her stint in the US, Shadow performed in an Andrew Lloyd Webber showcase singing Don't Cry For Me Argentina. Shadow said that the director told her that he cast her for the role as she had the same eye as Eva Peron and similar courage.

"I was also thrilled by a secret code behind the role, my birthday and Peron's and also Madonna's, who played Evita in the film, are all on August 16," she explained.

"I believe that everything has been arranged. When I was a child, I was arranged to have this life as an actress – I got on stage very young when I was 6, as part of the Shanghai Children's Theater."

"I could be much more famous and richer now if I became a pop singer because I sing better and I'm looking good. But singing wouldn't satisfy me as my life is the whole stage."

Performing in the chorus line and minor roles on Broadway, Shadow returned to China in 2004 when producer Li Suyou told her that musical theater in China was about to take-off. She accepted the lead in musical The Gold Sand, produced by Li. It found box office success and in the following year, Shadow set up her own performance studio in Beijing's 798 Art District.

However, as one of the few professional musical-theater performers in China, Shadow described her life as lonely.

"The spring of China's musical never came. But I have no doubt it will one day. I feel lonely as a professional musical actress. And you can never get as famous as a movie star."

"Even theaters like the Capital Theater, they can only hold 900 people each night if all the ticketfurniture legs 搅拌机 医学翻译 lightning arrester 上海翻译公司 キャバクラ 求人 現金化 インプラント

路过

雷人

握手

鲜花

鸡蛋

评论 (0 个评论)

facelist doodle 涂鸦板

您需要登录后才可以评论 登录 | 立即注册

返回顶部找客服手机访问

QQ|申请友链|Archiver|小黑屋|手机版|网站地图|谷姐论坛 谷姐提供 ( 渝ICP备2021009247号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 16:05